Lead Engineer – GE Proficy
Manufacturing IT Recruitment | Daniel Langley
XXXXXX, a GE-certified Premier Solution Partner, is looking for engineering resources experienced in the application of holistic GE Proficy-based MES solutions (including Proficy Plant Applications, Workflow, Historian, and Operations Hub) to manufacturing processes.
- Works directly with customers to define functional requirements and design, configure, commission, and qualify software solutions.
- Working with customer business stakeholders to define the scope and requirements of the GE Proficy solution based upon identified process improvement scenarios.
- Technical solution design and documentation
- Will have the opportunity to apply this experience across various industries and manufacturing processes, working as part of a project team.
- Provide guidance and leadership to less experienced team members.
- Required to travel to customer sites to perform requirement gathering, deployment, and post-deployment support activities.
- Implementation of the GE Proficy solution, including the following aspects:
- Connectivity to shop floor equipment data sources
- Historian configuration.
- Interaction with the underlying SOA database and external SQL data sources (requiring SQL query/stored procedure development).
- Plant Applications efficiency, quality, and production module configuration and deployment, providing comprehensive MES functionality including OEE, genealogy, quality sample & test, inventory management, and batch/discrete/continuous production execution.
- Configuration of associated client displays and web reports.
- Configuration of modern web-based user interfaces using GE Operations Hub and associated technologies
- 4 – 8 years of software development experience
- Possess GE Proficy training certifications, or will be expected to have the skillset required to obtain such certification upon employment.
- Design, code, and debug applications in various software languages
- Ability to integrates new software modules with existing systems
- Analyze information and architect complex software solutions
- Bachelor Degree in Software related field