Manufacturing IT Recruitment | Daniel Langley
The Digital Manufacturing Team is responsible for the delivery of XXXXX Core Digital Manufacturing Operations Management (MoM) capabilities at every level of the XXXXX Global Supply (PGS) Plant Network (ISA 95 Levels 0-4). These solutions are critical to Manufacturing & Lab Execution, Manufacturing Process Intelligence and Production Optimization that aim to improve product quality, increase asset utilization/uptime, automate manual workflows, and streamline plant floor operations. The Digital Manufacturing vision is to “Simplify processes and experiences to drive PGS outcomes”.
The Manufacturing 4.0 Team supports all of XXXXX Core Manufacturing & Engineering Solutions, while enabling a secure, seamless flow of contextualized data from the device & control levels, all the way to the top of the Enterprise. Our goal is to create persona driven, connected experiences across our shop floors to predict and optimize operations, while providing real-time insights to operators.
The MES Manager will spearhead deployment of solutions that drive operational discipline with a focus on increasing process robustness, yield improvements & product quality, while increasing asset utilization and manufacturing attainment. An ideal candidate will have a technical background with strong business process understanding across Manufacturing. The candidate will be responsible for driving the development and deployment of Electronic Batch Records (EBRs).
The MES Manager’s responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Work with program leadership to define performance metrics and process improvement areas
- Define long term recipe/ EBR design strategies to enable optimized site wide EBR deployments
- Provide a blend of solution and manufacturing expertise to EBR deployment teams to drive effective project scoping, stand-up and execution
- Lead the analysis and solving of technical issues related to the Manufacturing Execution Solutions (MES) recipes and/ or solution development
- Liaise with cross-functional agile product owner team to support defining long term program roadmaps and strategies
- Support the management of user/ Functional Requirements Specification generation, software configuration/coding and general oversight to the MES software documentation practices
- Lead business process evaluation, process mapping and site fit gap analysis and requirements definition
- Enable cross-functional agile team management (e.g. manufacturing, automation, Digital, etc.)
- BS in Engineering or Technology based subjects(s) or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years related work experience.
- Relevant domain experience in manufacturing and/or quality operations.
- Experience in all stages of solution and application lifecycle from value analysis, business case development, and solution deployment through to value realization and system retirement is a significant advantage.
- Ability to work across multiple concurrent activities and successfully adapt to changing priorities as required.
- An understanding of system cGMP requirements and demonstrable knowledge of computer system design and maintenance lifecycle in cGMP environments.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a Global Solution environment focused on the build and deployment of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES).
- Experience working with Rockwell Pharmasuite or Siemens OpCenter Execution Pharma.
- Experience with Agile Software Delivery.
- Hands on experience in a manufacturing facility.
Non-standard Work Schedule, Travel Or Environment Requirements
Ability to travel up to 25% and must be able to support weekend or night solution issue resolution, cut over and/or upgrade activities.