MES Project Manager
Manufacturing IT Recruitment | Daniel Langley
The right candidate is a self-motivated leader who possesses strong client management, has demonstrated experience working closely with cross-functional teams, and has exceptional communication and collaboration skills.
- Build schedules, requirements, resource plans, quality plans, prioritize initiatives, and proactively identify and address potential setbacks.
- Coordinate with project technical leads to define development, configuration, and project support tasks at appropriate level of detail for effective tracking and progress reporting.
- Work with software engineers to deliver solutions and features in a fast-paced environment.
- Ensure efficient, effective solution development and sustainable implementation
- Prepare project correspondence and presentations as needed for status reports, stakeholder updates, meetings, etc.
- Ensure project documentation is complete, current, and available for review by all parts of the organization.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Be able to communicate effectively with the customer by building deep subject matter expertise in their business.
- Author Statements of Work (SOWs) to scope customer requests
- Communicate program status, risks, and issues to executives and project teams.
- Instill a culture of collaboration and support throughout your projects teams.
- Effectively influence leaders and key partners to gain alignment.
- Ideate and implement project management frameworks and best practices.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering discipline or Computer Science (Preferred)
- Minimum three years’ experience with project management or related experience in delivering Automation/IT type projects
- Possess relevant industry or technology knowledge
- Demonstrated success at simultaneously managing multiple complex projects
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and be self-motivated
- Must have flexibility with working styles
- Ability to make efficient decisions, even with vague information
- Extensive experience with direct customer contact
- Ability to drive administrative and operational deliverables to completion
- Must have excellent conflict resolution and people interface skills
- Must be able to interface with all levels of management
- Superior listening and data gathering skills
- Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred but not required
- Knowledge of software design, starting with a systems-level comprehension from the hardware and software systems to frameworks
- Software integration experience in a manufacturing or consumer environment
- Experience building and managing relationships with customers, vendors, and other external partners in conjunction with business development
- Ability to document high-level, end-to-end project execution strategy for project sales proposal documentation.
- Ability to present key project execution plan highlights and differentiators for client proposal review presentations.
- Experience understanding and communicating technical information to non-experts
- Six Sigma / Lean methodologies knowledge preferred but not required
- Agile Project management experience preferred but not required