Senior MES Engineer
Manufacturing IT Recruitment | Daniel Langley
Senior MES Engineer – Pharmaceutical Manufacturer
The Digital Manufacturing Team is responsible for the delivery of the Core Digital Manufacturing Operations Management (MoM) capabilities at every level of the Global Supply (PGS) Plant Network (ISA 95 Levels 0-4). These solutions are critical to Manufacturing & Lab Execution, Manufacturing Process Intelligence and Production Optimization that aim to improve product quality, increase asset utilization/uptime, automate manual workflows, and streamline plant floor operations. The Digital Manufacturing vision is to “Simplify processes and experiences to drive PGS outcomes”.
The Manufacturing 4.0 Team supports all of the Core Manufacturing & Engineering Solutions.
The Senior MES Engineer will provide horizontal support across all agile MES deployment and central teams, solution improvement initiatives, enhancement request processes and MES vendor relationships. An ideal candidate will have a technical background with strong business process understanding across Manufacturing.
The Senior MES colleague’s responsibilities include the below with limited oversight:
- Support management of the Enhancement Request Processes (prioritization, scoping, need-by dates…)
- Support the management of the solution development team backlog and team capacity
- Support the solution recipe architect team to provide facilitate the sharing of solution expertise, recipe design standards and CI to accelerate Electronic Batch Records (EBR) deployment
- Support the management of central solution recipe architecture team backlog and cross-site capacity
- Support the management of the MES solution roadmap and MES vendor relationships
- Support end users through gained MES solution subject matter expertise
- Support the resolution of system issues, including level 4 ticket resolution
- Drive solution improvement initiatives (e.g., training, global user forums).
- Support coordination with agile deployment teams
- Co-facilitate user forums to expand MES subject matter expertise
- Support Site Fit/Gap Analysis for Requirements Analysis, including the definition of business process evaluations and requirements definition
- BS in Engineering or Technology based subjects(s) or equivalent experience.
- 3 years related work experience in Digital field.
- Experience with Agile Software Delivery.
- Ability to work across multiple concurrent activities and successfully adapt to changing priorities as required.
- 1 year experience in a Global Solution environment, involving deployment of complex, integrated enterprise systems for manufacturing.
- Familiarity with Rockwell Pharmasuite/ Manufacturing Execution applications and/or Siemens OpCenter Execution Pharma.
- Hands on experience in a manufacturing facility.
- Experience in all stages of solution and application lifecycle from value analysis, business case development, and solution deployment through to value realization and system retirement is a significant advantage.
- A thorough understanding of system cGMP requirements and demonstrable knowledge of computer system design and maintenance lifecycle in cGMP environments.