MES Solution Architect
Responsibilities – What you will do:
- Be a key subject matter expert and lead consultant in delivering overall Manufacturing Execution Software (MES) solutions, both pre-sale and post-sale.
- Work with our sales team to win orders as a technical expert.
- Conduct detailed workshops with customer subject matter experts to analyze and document manufacturing processes.
- Collaborate with appropriate customer contacts to define existing data flows, analyze organizational structures, and identify client needs while closing data ‘black holes’ within their production processes.
- Assess the customer’s current architecture and processes to define/document functional and technical solutions required to implement an MES in the customer’s environment.
- Deliver and conduct training sessions to customers (remote or at client locations) and provide ongoing instruction and guidance related to installed IT solutions (network, database, etc.).
- As a lead consultant, provide direction for implementing the solution to the solution engineers.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues that arise during implementation of their software software.
- Specify/approve/assist development of customer-specific software modules (customizations).
- Use the data collected by the MES solutions, working with customers to identify opportunities, and implementing changes that improve manufacturing processes and/or reduce costs, using your knowledge in engineering, production equipment, processes, quality and design standards.
- Confer with customer engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Strategize with and advise customers regarding our software products that could improve and enhance production operations.
- Work on multiple projects at a time – either as the subject matter expert for a certain part of the system or the lead consultant for the overall solution
- Be a technical leader by learning our latest product information as well as providing manufacturing-specific technical expertise and related support, for the benefit of our customers, sales team, and other technical team members.
- Spend Monday and Tuesday in our office to collaborate with your peers.
Qualifications – What you will bring:
- Strong experience regarding manufacturing processes and production logistics.
- Proven work experience of 5+ years with MES software solutions or related plant-wide solutions.
- Broad, practical IT knowledge base (networking, database, remote access)
- Experience introducing software systems into manufacturing environments.
- Highly effective verbal, written and presentation communication skills in English language required.
- Capable of advising and interacting effectively with upper-level management, manufacturing engineers and operators at client companies.
- Strong organizational/time management skills. Previous project management experience is a plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% on average.
- Exceptional levels of reliability, flexibility, self-motivation, collaboration, and initiative.
- Professional personality, appearance, and work results.
- US Citizen or Green card holder.
- Bilingual English/Spanish or English/German is a plus.
- Scripting/coding experience (C#/JSON/REST) is a plus.
Benefits of being part of the Team
- Our client are an owner-managed, independent, and growth-oriented company.
- Flat hierarchies and short decision paths
- A passionate, hard-working, yet fun-loving and competitive team to work with
- Quarterly incentive (based on company results and personal goals), paid monthly.
- Paid Vacation, Holidays and Sick days.
- 401(k) & Roth 401(k) plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Basic Life Insurance – Company paid.
- Short Term Disability – Company paid.
- Voluntary Ancillary Programs: Long Term Disability, Identity Theft Insurance, Legal Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)