MES Solutions Engineer
The Solution Engineer
supports the sales team to gain new customers and help drive business growth. They will be motivated risk takers and team players. Solution Engineers are strategic and focused thinkers who understand their prospects’ business and how the our solutions deliver value inside and out. They have the courage and poise to quickly develop relationships and to get through to the right decision makers and make an impact upon the customer’s sales. They have experience in managing individual as well as team targets and have a natural flair for selling. To thrive in this role, you will be an overachiever who is always pushing yourself to do more. You will be able to positively overcome resistance to gain commitment, establishing long term client relationships and help make our concepts simple and compelling. You enjoy taking a problem and converting into relatable ideas your customer can understand. You are both a logical visionary, technically minded and can quickly assess a situation and adjust your presentation, discussion, and focus to the audience level.
- Partner with and support the Account Executives (AE) to accelerate software revenue growth.
- Collaborate with AE team and provide input on region and client account plans as necessary.
- Assist in business case development – value of our solutions against client strategic objectives.
- Provide and deliver technical presentations and demonstrations to describe how our products will best meet the customer’s business and technical requirements.
- Develop a strong ability to deliver targeted messaging around our and customer initiatives.
- Become proficient in all our solutions – with the ability to present and demonstrate against client requirements.
- Evaluate product/service marketability in terms of customers’ technical and manufacturing needs.
- Develop and deliver workshops and product demonstrations.
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of activities, industry trends & government regulations.
- Establish long-term, ongoing customer relationships.
- Describe industry best practices to prospects in an effective manner.
- Provide fundamental training and best practices.
- Lead or assist with Return on Investment (ROI) evaluations.
- Recommend solution enhancements or modifications to customers.
- Team with product development and R&D departments to drive customer value for roadmap and future capabilities.
- Relay customer needs/wants back to Product to drive development priority.
- Assist in all aspects of bringing an account to closure.
- Support services implementations as requested.
- Support partner sales as requested.
- Support marketing activities through presenting product and industry knowledge via webinars, conferences, website materials and other marketing collateral
- Knowledge of Aerospace & Defense manufacturing processes
- Extremely detail oriented and customer focused.
- Analytical nature with the ability to solve complex business issues.
- Excellent communication and customer relations skills, both written and oral, with the ability to build effective customer relationships.
- Well-developed presentation skills
- Ability to work and problem solve individually as well as in team setting.
- Hands-on experience with MES, Product Lifecycle Management systems (e.g., PTC Windchill, Siemens Teamcenter), Enterprise Resource Planning systems (SAP, Oracle, IFS, Infor).
- Past software deployment experience (e.g., MES, PLM, ERP).
- Experience with general consulting skills that include team facilitation, business case development, strong business analysis skills, process mapping, and business process redesigning.
- Knowledge of basic IT functions: server/VM configuration, authentication factors (SAML, SSO, LDAP), certificate authority (SSL)
- Competency with Atlassian (Confluence, Jira), Roadmonk or Zendesk products
- Must be able to travel nationally, up to 50% at times, providing on-site consulting work to clients and can work remotely from your home office.